In compliance with article 8.4c of the order ECO/ 734/2004, 11th of March, with regard to customer service units, Sociedad de Seguros Mutuos Marítimos de Vigo wishes to inform its clients of the availability of a Customer Service department.
If it appears that rights deriving from the insurance contract have been infringed uponor that the company has incurred in abusive practices, the policy holder, the assured and the beneficiaries o right holders will be able to file a complaint or a claim at the Customer Service department (address: Dársena Puerto Pesquero Berbés, edif. Virxe do Carme s/n 1ºizda; e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org ) These claims or complaints may be filed in person or through a representative at any of the company’s offices, or through electronic or telematic resources. The company will accept any claims that meet the following requirements:
- Identification of the claimant.
- Identification of the policy relevant to the claim or complaint being filed.
- Motivation of the claim or complaint.
- Identification of the department or agent where the facts of the claim or complaint have originated.
- Request made to the Customer Service department.
- Statement specifying that to the best of the claimant’s knowledge, the claim or complaint is not being processed through any administrative, judicial or arbitrational channels.
- Place, date and signature.
The manager of the department subjected to the claim or complaint will reply in writing within a maximum of 10 days. According to article 62 of the Private Insurance Management and Supervision Act, if the claim is rejected or the two-month deadline expires, the claimant may file a complaint at the General Directorate of Insurance and Pension Funds (Dirección General de Seguros y Fondos de Pensiones).